- 1 1/2 cups organic flour or gluten free flour/baking mix
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon organic white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups organic milk or organic soy, gives it a rich, fluffy taste or coconut milk which offers a unique nutty, buttery flavor and also vegan
- 1 egg (love my cage free, free range organic brown eggs) or substitute with 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons organic butter, melted (or margarine) or coconut oil (the butter to coconut oil ratio is equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (organic) or apple cider vinegar works as well
All those ingredients and yes, all together based on the weight of each item is a total cost of less than $2.00 to make a dozen and a half pancakes, guilt free, good for you, good for the environment and all of the ingredients are items you would normally have in your pantry or fridge. Better than going out on a Sunday morning to wait at a restaurant, take the time to enjoy your family and have the kids help out.
No need to buy any additional cake mixes or boxed batters or even those spray batters in a can that have compressed gases and what not. Fresh, easy to make, easy on your budget, and you can double the batch. Freeze the extras and save for the following weekend or during the week when the kids (or mom and dad) are craving their Sunday morning favorite. Who said organic had to be expensive?